Skip to main content

Normal

 I 

wanted to lead a life

Normal. What do I lack?

“You lack X”

“Am I responsible?”

Nobody answered.

Nobody helped.

I took over X.

I lacked Y then.

I didn’t ask am I responsible.

I completed Y.

I know I’m not normal.

But much closer to

The best average normal.

Longing to take a jump

To be normal,

I think I took few long steps.

It’s a jump

Jump had few steps covered.

Now life asks why did you jump.

“You should have waited and never jumped”

It’s all in my hands.

I have seen x and y.

Will see life as well.

Nobody is responsible 

I’m flawed, cursed.

I need to fix.

I am responsible.

I need to prove my life it’s normal.

Normal 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animal Farm

 Animal farm is a classic by George Orwell. I have read Animal Farm atleast twice before picking up this week for Dialogues with Books. Each time I got a different perspective while reading Animal Farm. This time I had read some backstories of First world war, Russian Revolution, Second world war and that gave a complete perspective of the book. Infact I would say I have understood the satire much better than all the previous reads. Title: Animal Farm Author: George Orwell Synopsis from Goodreads: When  Animal Farm  was first published, Stalinist Russia was seen as its target. Today it is devastatingly clear that wherever and whenever freedom is attacked, under whatever banner, the cutting clarity and savage comedy of George Orwell’s masterpiece have a meaning and message still ferociously fresh. I'm not going to talk about various interpretations of Animal Farm and how the satire relates to the various events during the Russian Revolution and world wars. I'm thinking of ...

The Ministry of Utmost Happiness

 I kind of went more than a week offline to complete this book. After a hectic week at work and a couple of errands at home, I went on a mission to complete this book left hanging for a month atleast. I started reading this book while waiting for passport renewal and for odd reasons my application for tatkal got rejected. Actually I was questioned for the first time my lastname is my father's name and hence they can't renew my passport via tatkal process. After explaining the Assistant Passport Officer how father's name is chosen over caste names in Tamil Nadu as last name, he agreed to renew via normal process instead of tatkal. Though I portrayed TamilNadu a progressive state in the conversation, it's definitely casteist. Though I didn't like to identify myself with either the caste name or father's name, I was put in a position to fight for the father's name as last name. In a way it's my right. I went through an identity crisis when I started the boo...